Axis NJ is actively seeking sales people for the Metro NY, LI, NJ and Westchester/Rockland areas.
Immediate openings for experienced professionals with the skills, passion, and energy to drive our business expansion and growth. We are a full service high-technology automation distributor and engineering firm specializing in motion control, machine control, machine vision, factory and process automation in the New Jersey, and Metro NYC area.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for all sales results for all products and services within the assigned territory.
• Schedule outside appointments with existing customers to review applications requirements, and uncover new opportunities.
• Generate and develop new business to increase revenue, through prospecting activities, including cold calling.
• Effectively liaison between the company and customers for all ongoing account management activities including; quotations, pricing, delivery, technical support, service and new product releases.
• Establish and maintain up to date knowledge on new products, procedures, services and tools by successfully completing all training activities as needed.
• Prepare and execute effective sales presentations and demonstrations of company products and services for on-site customer meetings.
• Perform all administrative aspects of the position, including:
o Sales and marketing reports
o Maintenance of customer accounts including contact names and information.
o Expense accounts
• Utilize marketing data to maximize sales effectiveness.
• Organize joint sale calls and attend them with vendors.
• Attend conferences and trade shows.
• All other duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum three (3) years demonstrated sales success and technical knowledge of industrial control and automation applications, products, and services
• Relevant formal education in engineering discipline (BS, AAS degree) or equivalent training (military) or work experience.
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
• Professionalism and business acumen to portray the company in a positive manner.
• Very strong communication skills in writing and verbal.
• Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
• Very good team player who works well under pressure.
• Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send resume to: